Thursday, February 21, 2008

I have completed (finaly) Ivanhoe! After having had this book check out of the church library for about 2 months I am now able to return it. Last night, in one last burst of intelectual strengh, I completed the reading of the book. Tis a good story and it is written beautifully. I do believe, though, that should I ever venture to take it off the shelf again I will read it with a Latin dictionary by my side. By that I will be able to translate the Latin of al the clergy within the pages of Scott's masterpeice. Reading this makes me want to read more of Scott's work. I really liked it. I read an abridged version first and it was cruddy. It had very little of the actual story i it. In fact I don't remember any thing in the abridged version that matches the true thing besided character names.

I had this great post all ready to type out earlier but as I was not able to post it when I thougth of it I have now forgotton what twas all about. That's sad.

At coop, after having sticker letter trouble, I was able to leave my family page disasemble but almost done. Ms Stacy finished it for me and added some extras. It looks great! Even the picture is good! I usually don't like pictures of me but I actually like this one.

I am off to design invatations.

olive -wa!
Lady
p.s. Oh Oh! I actually got through my entire lesson in my modesty class today. You guys can memorize their verse too. Most of ya'll already know it most likely. Romans 12:1. Have at it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You rock. So does AFV:) Going to start THE LAST SIN EATER!!!!!!!!! Then watch it. Then decide whether or not I like it any. I bet I will though... Luvyoulots!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yupyup... meneeds to read that book (sin eater, not ivanhoe :P) but I totally forgot Lady that you told me to until Meg mentioned it on the phone the other day. :P

Anonymous said...

:P Ivanhoe is awesomeness...I love it....It's definitely with my list of favorite classics! :)