Thursday, February 7, 2008

I got a ......

Seven, yes ladies and gents, I got a seven. How do you get something as low as a seven,you ask? Well,you dream and in the dream you get a seven b/c you got a zero on the science portion of the ACT. In the dream I got a 29 in English, 27 in Reading, and another highter 20 something in math but b/c of the zero in Science, my grade was a 7. Weird huh?

Yesterday I took the ACT. I don't think it went too badly. For English and Math I was pretty alert and awake but for reading and science, my brain was numb. THe no break thing doesn't work that great. I was very suprised at the science. I hadn't worried about it b/c it is science and science is almost my thing. I like it. Others had told me "beware the science" but I brushed it off like an idiot. On all of the practice stuff I have had for the ACT the science was very similar to the reading with a graph or two thrown in but on the actual test there was only ONE place that could be considered even remotely similar to reading comp. the rest was graphs. Had my mind not been foggy I probably could have done much better. Hmm, lets say like not coloring in the last ten question bubbles. THat is going to hurt me.... a lot especially since I guess on others before that! (grimmacing smile)

Like I said by the time reading came around I was numb but I think I did ok. Much better than the stupid graphs. No they are not stupid graphs they are things that I must learn to read which will help me when I am checking charts to statistic and so on and so forth for various political and social reasons.

Ya'll I was nervous as all get out. I jittered and shook, convulsed, was noseuous, actually almost cried. The English was exhilerating. My yuckyness almost went entirely away. As did it also during the math. (bytheway I was suprised at how much I knew. But as they say, I, like most everyone else guessed on over half.)At reading and science, they were all back with the addition of a fog in my brain.

oH, oh! Did you know that you are kind in spite of your inner desire to be snappy and introverted it helps you relax. Yes, I did look out past my yucky inards and was nice to the proctor. It helped greatly.

I must do some school. Oneday next week I will post about the Gothard seminar which all of you should have come to. Maybe next time we will do it in the summer so more people can come. :D

Pray for the Noom's cousins and Mr. Chickenwing. They are both sick. One with a high fever and the latter with what we think is the flu.

~Lady
p.s. My spell check isn't working again. Sorry momma!

edit: Mommy I fixed them!

No comments: