Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A vow of celibacy

In our neighborhood there are a lot of stray cats. One of them in particular likes our house. It is a weird reddish colored long haired girl cat. This poor cat is sick, or so we think. Anyway we are not to touch her. When we went outside this morning it was on our porch with our cat, Malarky. As we tried to shoo her away Nope piped up with "Maybe Malarky and that cat will get married" or course what she means by the marriage of cats is nothing more then "maybe they will have kittens". But at our house those two things are synonymous. "Nope" , says I, " they can't get married Malarky has taken a vow of celibacy. That means he won't marry." So now I think that I will continue to say "fixed", whether it be spayed or neutered, as " a vow of celibacy". I like it. Indeed I do.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. No fair! My cat has no moral values!

Lady of somethin' er 'nother... said...

I broke out laughing when I read your comment that is great.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I get it...

Lady of somethin' er 'nother... said...

Emma a cat the is spayed or neutered can't reproduce. Some one who is celebit doesn't marry and you know the rest.

Some one who takes such a vow is often doing it for pious reasons and not b/c God wants them to, hence moral values.

Lady of somethin' er 'nother... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Ok, that's what I was wondering, what celebit is..

Unknown said...

It's okay, Emy. We will educate you. No wait. Maybe not...

Anonymous said...

celibate okay if you are going to define it spell it correctly!

Anonymous said...

Hey spell check said it was right. mom.

Unknown said...

Above me, whoever you are, you are my new favorite! I don't know what you are my favorite of, but wuteva!

Anonymous said...

Do you mean me?

Unknown said...

yeah. you. favorite.

Unknown said...

don't ask.

Anonymous said...

So you know who I am right?

Anonymous said...

Was the 'ball' (er.... banquet?) last night? if so.... POST PICTURES!!! I checked lotsa times last night, I wanna see pics of you in pretty dress with the whatever you made to go over it!

Unknown said...

no. no idea.