Sunday, November 18, 2007

Quotes

My grandpa sent me quotes for Thomas A. Kempis ( Imitation of Christ). I thought that I would post some. I have found that they make me feel guilty which, is a good thing. Though, truly, I should live my life above such reproach. This blog post is my "something for the public good".





(Does anyone else struggle with this one?)




The quotes were found on This website.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tonight is PP. Yeah. Chemistry went well today. I understood it all. That makes me happy.

Thank you Tony for helping me make a 3D pyramid with a piece of paper. ;D Can you tell that geometry isn't my thing? Ok so it's just graphing and apparently making things with my hands. It takes some major brain power for me to graph anything. I don't understand why. It is a picture. You think that drawing basic geometric shapes would be easy!

Moving on..... I hear that senior Patriots got creamed at the tournament. I don't have particulars.

Oh!!!!!! Something very exciting happened on Saturday. Back story coming right up.

There is a lady in my mom's Sunday School class whose husband has had brain tumors. Doctors have gone in and removed that tumors at various times and b/c of the frequency of removing them, left out a piece of his scull in order that they could more easily get in just in case they had to remove more. Well this last summer the doctors decided that they would put back into place this man's bone. His body rejected it. Now he is having to have antibiotic and all these special things and his wife (the lady in mom's class) is having to stay home to take care of him. All of these happenings have put a financial strain on this family.

The lady was telling about her situation in SS one morning and it got the other ladies to thinking upon how they could help her out. They came up with having a garage sale. And that they did last Saturday. Ya'll should have seen the amount of stuff went to that garage sale. My house became a drop off point b/c of its location so we saw much of it. We took a full size bed full, a suburban full, and two or three loads in the small-bed truck, of things donated to be in the garage sale and people were dropping stuff off at the site of the sale as well!

Here is the cool part. On Saturday, this one day garage sale made $1,100.01. What makes it awesome is that the ladies had prayed that they would make a $1000! (mom didn't know that 'till afterward) Most of the items were marked at $1. Mom said that they probably sold $800 dollars in $1 items. It has to be a God thing that they made so much money. At 2:30 when everything was being packed up people were still trying to look! So God is good all the time and all the time God IS GOOD!

'K ya'll that rocks my socks off!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's an awesoem story! thanks for sharing!
And the quotes are really good... have you ever read "Stepping Heavenward" by Elizabeth Prentiss (sp?)? I'm reading it right now... it's really good, and it mentions the book from whence those quotes came so that's what made me think of it...
How do you think practice went yesterday? I like your costume! Did you like the new things that Joseph added to our scene? :P
<3,
EMY

Lady of somethin' er 'nother... said...

Yes I have read that book. Eeeeah It went OK I think. I really like it that is what I was trying to tell Jeremi on Thursday but didn't have the time to. Ok so not all of it but quite a bit.

I can't seem to end up in the correct area of the stage. Ugg!

Happy Thanksgiving Chica!

Lady

Emma said...

Ah yes, the play needs mucho prayer, but so do I!! I am *SO* nervous!!! TEN days until our first performance!! AAAAAAAHHH!!!!! Okay so I know I shouldn't freak out b/c it is all in God's hands and for His glory, right? But I am going to need mucho therapizing and you will need to remind me that it is all for Him ok? :D
Anyway yes thank you mucho for the comment, I do love them so... ;D I didn't know you were in TX, that is so cool...
Oh and yes God has so blessed me with Hannah... I don't know what I would do w/o her. I have so many great friends (including you, my beloved Bekah!!) that I rely on for encouragement and support.... thanks for everything!
~EMY~

Lady of somethin' er 'nother... said...

I am here and you know it. Boy am I loved! We will talk on Monday sweetheart. Read some Psalms on God's might and remember how great He is.

I g2g cuddle Beanie. ;D

Emma said...

yes yes i know.... yes i will talk 2 u monday... that seems far away... i feel really nervous not having more than one practice this week...
~emy

Anonymous said...

RELAX YALLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

hahaha *right*, Meggy.... you heard what I told you about not even having all the parts filled!
~emy