Thursday, July 3, 2008

I just got back from going to see Kung Fu Panda. I don't recommend that you go see it. Don't bother to spend you money.

My aunt is in town and said that she would take us to see a movie namely Kung Fu Panda. I read up on it and the review looked pretty clean. Very little inuendo the worst thing in it was the Eastern religious stuff. I thought, pretty clean I can't really red flag it for any reasons and told mom it was watchable. The whole while I was thinking " No movies. TV doesn't honor God we can't watch it. Even our clean old movies. LORD are you calling me to give up tv?"

God is really working in my heart right now but I also know that I have been under attack. Lately I have felt guilty for doing just about everything. That is not of God. Feeling guilty all the time is not of our LORD. God very pointedly convicts.

We are called to be holy b/c He is holy. But I know that I am falling far short of this calling. But then I remember that we won't be perfect in this life and He knows it. Does that mean that I am to live a life of lawlessness? I will never be perfect and He has saved me from my past, present, and future sin so whay not? "May it never be!" were the words breathed by God( 2 Timothy 3:16) through the man Paul in Romans 6:1 and else where. We were saved to be "conformed to the image of His Son..." (Romans 8:29). We are called to be like Christ.

Well then, who is Christ? What did Christ do? How did He live? Blamelessly. He preached, served, and loved the Father. Christ is revealed to us through the word. The living word that is "sharper than a two edged sword"

In His mercy not only did God save us be He is sanctifying us. Ephesians 5:26-27 says that Christ gave Himself up for us, the church, to sanctify and present us to himself "without spot or wrinkle... that she might be holy and without blemish".

But how are we sanctified? Romans 12:1-2 presents the case ( if you don't know off the top or your head, as with the rest of these verses, look it up). First we are to be holy. Second, how do we become holy? By the renewing of our minds. Ok thats great but how do we renew our minds? Lets turn to the Old Testament. Ps. 119:9,11 and really the whole chapter, tells us that bythe word our way is kept pure by the word our paths are directed and by the word we "might not sin against You". If we travel back to 1 John 2:1 the verse states that "I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin." Thus by knowing what has proceeded from the mouth of God and treasuring it in our hearts we can discern truth from lie and live accordingly.

We know this but we fall short and indeed we do sin. So how do we know that we are of God and do not just have a "form of godliness"? In the closing part of 1 John he says that these things were written "that you may know you have eternal life" (1 John 5:13). This whole book is full of tests that prove, or disprove, our regeneration. I am not going to go into them here and now. And, in case your wondering, we are told to "test ourselves to see if we are in the faith" (1 Cor 13:5). John Piper has a wonderful series on 1 John and the new birth that I would suggest that you find and listen to. God has quelled some fears through them.

As you can probably see this is what I have been dealing with lately. I would ask that you please pray for my encouragement in the faith. Lies are being wispered in my ears by the enemy and it has made me blue and physically sick to an extent. Ya'll I hope that by this post this may be an encouragement to others. And if anyone has any words of wisdom my reading in Proverbs today says that we are to listen to godly council.

I am going to play with my family. Every one is going swimming.

adios!

No comments: