Saturday, June 14, 2008

The twisted marathon

Time for a new post. There is so very much to say and so very little time and space to do it!

Today was my first day back after being gone for two weeks with the exception of about half a day and a night in between my two trips. It all started with Branch people camp. I had an absolutely lovely time. I hope and pray that what went on was God moving in hearts not just emotional hype. The music was wondermous. It had good theology! That made me VERY excited. Our music leader even said that it was important to have sound doctrine in our music! Yeah ~ha!

The camp speaker, Keahbone, was pretty good. Monday night he challenged first all the counselors and other leader to get right with God. After them he challenged all believers to make sure that they were in fellowship with the Father. He gave a short sinner invatation that evening but he honed in on us Christians. I thougth that was pretty cool.

I love Branch people! Everyone was so sweet and kind. I had a blast getting to meet new people and getting to know better those that I was already aquainted with. Thank you Branch!

Choir tour. Well ummm..... there were some good times. I was introduce to some of the realities of the world. Just so you know, some people are just unkind and if you are a girl, homesick, and clueless you might cry alot when thoes people behave unkindly. No really there were some highlights such as working with a small church in the city passing out tracts and talking to people, and singing at the ball game was muy bueno/bien. Truth be told, I have some friends who really do care if you are hurting and are watching out for me. It was a learning experience and I survived.

I must be done as I have to try to catch up on some sleep by going to bed early. Love ya'll and am so very glad I have you for friends.

Lady

3 comments:

Family and Fellowship said...

28 “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. 29 “Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you shall find rest for your souls. 30 “For My yoke is 1easy, and My load is light.”

Mt 11:28,29,30

Anonymous said...

Love you too Lady!!! So glad you're my friend. I had a blast with you at camp and thanks for being there for me.

Curiously Normal said...

Keahbone is awesome! He spoke when I went to Falls Creek as a freshman or sophomore...good stuff. :)